IT Project Manager – Application Development
The Project Managers primary responsibility is to manage one or multiple full life cycle Information Technology project(s) to ensure alignment with the business objectives. This individual’s principal goals are to coordinate all internal and external resources while developing and managing all facets of business/technology improvement project including both application and infrastructure components to meet or improve the cost, scope and timeline of the project charter.
The Project Manager will plan, coordinate, direct, and design applications/infrastructure activities of all required resources, as well as provide direction for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. S/He will work closely with IT Director and decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, and implement cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Contact to hire
This project manager position will directly support the Sales Operations and Portfolio Solutions Groups’ key applications and strategic initiatives. This position will be responsible and accountable for providing system related enhancements, key project work and daily IT operational support.
- Strategy & Planning
- Foster strong relationships with business partners by engaging in key business activities
- Project management methodology of a full life cycle project phases includes: Initiate, Discover, Plan, Construct, Validate, Implement and Transition. Project(s) will include both Applications & Infrastructure components.
- Develop and execute on details plans.
- Be able to work through ambiguity to gather information required to make decisions.
- Manage efforts of both internal and external network of resources to ensure all the right people are working on the project and focused on its’ success.
- Manage project expense and capital budget.
- Build a targeted communication plan for all levels of the organization.
- Lead the Conference Room Pilot, System Integration Test and User Accept Test.
- Accountability for
- Detail Project Planning
- Cost Management
- Resource Management including Business Functional Super Users
- Vendor Management
- Executive Status Presentation and Reporting
- Change Management
- Sustainability of project through training and documentation establishment
- Working with external auditor to ensure project readiness
- Manage the project team and hold individual team member accountable
- Coach and mentor junior team members
- Operational Management
- Collect, document and analyze business requirements
- Provide day to day support and troubleshooting of user and application problems as it relates to the positions overall area of expertise
- Document and perform periodic maintenance as dictated by business processes
- Where necessary, re-engineer applications support to ensure it aligns with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision.
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users.
- Develop and review project budgets for and from IT department divisions and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT systems.
- Develop bid requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, reviews submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and makes the appropriate award.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for project(s).
- Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
- Comply with all IT policies and project management procedures.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding project(s).
- Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or Management Information Systems.
- Experience/Training/Certifications in Project Management plus
- 8+ years’ experience managing and/or directing IT projects.
- Proven experience in IT application support, development, and project management
- Experience with systems design, development and implementation.
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable policies as they relate to IT.
- Understanding of project management methodology
- Proficient PC skills in Office Products; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Project
- Personal Attributes
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Exceptional customer servicing qualities.
- Strong influencing skills in order resolve business decision and set appropriate direction.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.