Under general guidance, acts as subject matter expert for a defined set of business problems, inside IT and as a focal point for business representatives to interact with and understand their needs and priorities of those needs. The role will require partnership with leaders and key stakeholders across the company and will necessitate the use of soft-skills including strong communication, negotiation, and consensus-building across diverse stakeholders in marketing, sales and operations.
The ideal candidate for this role is self-motivated, highly-collaborative individual who will own the creation of a company-wide strategic point of view, compelling and differentiated value proposition, messaging frameworks and assets used to drive customer conversations, marketing campaigns, sales enablement, and alignment to company strategy and messaging.
- Leads development of the long-term product roadmap; involving sales, marketing, operations, clients, prospects, partners, and other groups as needed.
- Maintains expertise in applicable technical platforms/applications and techniques, acting as an organizational expert for a specific business space.
- Works closely with product marketing on product specific positioning, messaging (differentiation), value prop, and metrics.
- Responsible for driving business case development in support of new product development.
- Serves as daily contact with defined business stakeholders as well as the development team.
- Communicates and explains changing priorities and their impact to the team.
- Works closely with product analyst to document all requirements, including new features, major and minor enhancements for implementation and release notes.
- Collaborates with other Product Leads to ensure successful completion of work impacting multiple teams.
- Attends various working sessions including standups, retrospectives, and demos.
- Active participant in strategic planning meetings to further refine, document and communicate product roadmaps.
- Works with product analyst to support backlog grooming to decompose and estimate stories.
- Creates mockups and works with UX on design.
- Works closely with business process team to develop, enhance or replace processes and procedures as necessary.
- Works with the Product Analyst to document acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrates the latest iterations to customers (pre-release) and gathers feedback.
- Mentor Product Analysts, new teammates including knowledge sharing and onboarding activities.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in IS or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in IS development/support
- Exposure to or experience working in an agile environment with a focus on user centered design is preferred.