Project Manager – Compliance
Leads and manages projects and efforts to ensure the technology business unit meets regulatory, company, and external client commitments. Leverages technical knowledge, security and privacy experience, and matrix staff management skills, and program/reporting management experience to drive governance, risk, and compliance processes and achieve business goals.
|1. Builds close partnership with Global Security and Privacy Office, stays current with regulations in global markets, and anticipates upcoming business and product needs to comply with regulations/policies. Builds necessary process to support these needs.
2. Manages appropriate RACI between teams, IT Compliance, and Global Security and Privacy, Legal, and Audit teams.
3. Manages projects and portfolio of activities needed to ensure compliance with Security and Privacy policies as well as business-driven objectives.
4. Effectively partner with and direct technical and software product teams to ensure accurate risk assessments and quickly determine appropriate remediation.
5. Helps lead external client audit activities and oversees necessary remediation plans and delivery.
6. Develops light-weight internal audit approach.
7. Manages success and effectiveness of SOC 2 attestation and underlying controls, in partnership with IT Compliance.
8. Effectively and professionally collaborate with IT stakeholders to determine and validate compliance to control frameworks as needed.
9. Manages appropriate operating rhythm for GRC virtual team and provides effective reporting to diverse stakeholder groups.
10. Provides and/or facilitates detailed risk assessments in support of established Secure Software Development Lifecycle and Privacy by Design processes.
11. Analyzes business and software contracts, maintains a database of record of commitments, and advises senior management on improvements for managing service level agreements.
12. Develops and manages overall Client Compliance Plans to ensure that, across all delivery teams, client contractual commitments are met.
13. Map out current state and future state business/data/system flows as needed and evaluate, recommend, and drive decision making on risk-based approaches avoid client or risk.
14. Manages communication plans for teams to apply relevant corporate policies and controls to their teams/products/processes.
15. Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
|• 7+ years experience in project, program or portfolio management, preferably in a technical services organization.
• Advanced project management skills. Demonstrates ability to evaluate project objectives and scope feasibility, gain understanding, schedule resources, and manage budget to plan.
• Ability to lead, facilitate and drive to decisions with Executive Management.
• Effectively managed projects leading matrixed and virtual teams.
• Proficient in software development methodologies.
• Advanced level of people management skills, demonstrating the ability to lead, mentor, and develop knowledge for staff in new areas of expertise
• Highly advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received.
• Highly advanced level of investigative, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Expert ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
• Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management.
• Highly advanced ability to translate policies and controls into actionable requirements for business planning and team delivery.
• Advanced ability to manage multiple projects and/or teams simultaneously among competing external client priorities.
• Advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
• • Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received by the customer.
• Advanced knowledge of broad security and risk management related practices
• Advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional and technical disciplines
• Ability to resolve conflict and foster teamwork
• Expertise in Microsoft Project, Sharepoint and Information Management Tools
• Proficiency in Agile Management Tools (e.g. Rally)
• Expertise in Powerpoint and Excel.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Expertise in Project, ALM, Delivery Management Tools
• Master’s degree
• Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
• Agile/Lean Training
• CRISC, CIPP, CIPM, CIPT
3+ years IT security, audit, controls and regulatory compliance, or related experience
• SOC 2 Compliance
• Life Insurance industry experience
• Experience with Governance, Risk and Compliance software solutions