Senior QA Analyst
The Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst will follow the lead of the QA Team leader. This position requires an expert understanding of the various QA practices including but not limited to (understanding of SDLC, creation of testing documents, testing methodologies including but not limited to system integration, regression, black and white box, smoke and sanity). Furthermore, this position will be responsible for working closely with BA and Development team members closely to ensure projects delivered are on time and as free of defects as possible. The Senior QA Analyst will also be responsible for mentoring junior QA analysts and at times have direct input into improving process and/or best practices.
Works closely with teams, (developers, architects, business analysts) from other disciplines in order to effectively test projects/issues.
- Develop strong documentation that proves the quality of an issue(s) under review. This documentation includes but isn’t limited to testing plans, test strategies, test cases and/or testing matrix.
- Build a deep understanding of the products that will require scrutiny for quality assurance.
- Work closely with the BA team in order to accurately define if requirements are feasible based upon current product structure.
- Application of testing methodology/methodologies to most successfully ensure quality on a given project.
- Mentor other QA analysts, ensure best practices and/or processes are being adhered to. Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Technology or related field OR equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ of post BS progressive experience in computer science or related field of experience required,
- Collaborative development with the other disciplines within information systems (development, business analysts, database, multimedia).
- Ability to deal with and balance multiple priorities and shift focus to assist team and junior team members to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate projects to determine best approach/methodology to ensure delivery of a quality project